Friday, October 7, 2016

Gregorian

A couple weeks ago, my godmother, Margo, sent me an article in the mail.  I send links all the time, but let me tell you - it was really nice to get this article in an envelope in my mailbox.  I am glad Margo sent it to me.  It was an article about Courtney Frerichs, a recent master's graduate, who ran the 3K Steeplechase in the 2016 Olympics and PRd at the meet.  She's a Kansas City girl - where Margo lives.  One particular paragraph stood out from the article.  I tore it out and have stared at it day after day.  I don't recall who wrote the article because I only have the torn-out paragraph now.  Still, I want to share this with you and give the writer credit for these words:
And here we might all pause in appreciation of those people in life who see in us something we don't know we have, those who believe in you before you believe in yourself and change your range and direction and self-perception.
Who might you believe in like this and guide along the way?

1 comment: